Monday 17 February 2014

17TH FEBRUARY – MARY ANN SKELTON


Baptised on this day in 1797 was my 3Xgreat aunt, Mary Ann SKELTON. Born in Wellington, Shropshire to John SKELTON and Mary PASCAL, she was the youngest of their 8 children.

16TH FEBRUARY - MARGARET MACKENZIE AND JOSEPH DAVIES


My great-great aunt, Margaret MACKENZIE married Joseph DAVIES on this day in 1882 in Dingwall, Scotland. Joseph was an officer of inland revenue which may give a clue as to how they may have met; Margaret’s father Ronald was the landlord of the Railway Hotel. Margaret and Joseph had two daughters; Martha (named after Joseph’s mother) in 1884 and Jessie Maggie (named for Margaret’s mother) in 1887. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get this Val. I was researching my ancestry on Google & saw this posting . My great grandparents were Margaret MacKenzie & Joseph Davies. You refer to their two daughters (Martha & Jessie Maggie), but they also had a son, my grandfather, Ronald MacKenzie Davies. So...assuming we are related...this is exciting! I have no known living relatives on my father's side. I'm in the U.S. My email address is: fuz.winslow@gmail.com --- Hope to hear from you -- Lisa MacKenzie-Davies Winslow

    ReplyDelete